Friday, April 15, 2005

Metrosexualism (Or Real Men Don't Take Facials)

I seriously can't understand this whole freakin metrosexual faze that is going on in the country right now. With the rise of shows like Queer Eye, other man improvement shows, magazines, and alot of mass media portraying this "new kind of man" I am pretty weirded out.

It seems to be a metrosexual you:

- Get your hair done at "Salons" this can also include getting highlights
- Wear "interesting" clothes: A metrosexual man can apparently spend up to hours picking out the right outfit for a night on the town.
- Prefer Mixed Drinks Or Special Imported Beer instead of whiskey and a Coors
- Use Hair "Product"
- Use Skin Conditioning Products

Among alot of other crap. I just find this unfreakinbelieveable. It seems that basically we are supposed to be chicks with dicks. The last time I checked that was a weird fetish section of the internet, not everyday life.

As far as skin conditiong products, I don't want to generalize but I will put money down that if a guy is willing to do one kind of facial he's probably willing to take the other kind as well.

Do women really want some guy that is so self absorbed that he is basically like another chick? I refuse to believe that. Women want us to be there to fix the plumbing, do house projects, build decks and crap like that. The guy friends they have with them that talk about facial products, latest hair styles, and wallpaper are their GAY friends.

Be a man guys, don't be a woman. If you want to be gay fine, but be like Rock Hudson gay. That dude was a real man, yeah I know he liked dong but I would rather hang out with him drinking a beer than these metrosexual guys yapping about some Kiwi Cucumber Skin Cream.

Trust me, I know that you think if become a metrosexual the ladies will like you more. But while your yapping away or looking for just the perfect haircut, outfit, or whatever they will eventually sneak off for some boning with a guy that uses Gillette Razors and gets his hair cut for $10.

Actually nevermind, keep being metrosexuals the rest of us will handle the mans work.

8 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It scares me that you know what metrosexual men sit around talking about. And just hoooooow do you know about Kiwi/Cucumber facial cream? (if I recall correctly it is Avacado/Cucumber that is the best mix; but I've got two X chromesomes)

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Carnonymous said...

Infamous J, I can answer that question much like I answered some friends questions when we were watching Army Of Darkness.

They were asking how Bruce Campbell could do all that stuff and kick that much ass. I simply said "he's Ash, that's all you need to know".

Well all I have to say to any questions you or anyone else might have dealing with "how could I know something" is "I am a genius".

A genius knows everything about everything. If you have any other questions, please refer yourself to the first four words of my website below "Angryface Central: Brilliance Defined".

-Carnonymous The Brilliant

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Better Safe Than Safari said...

I see no problem whatsoever with being a metrosexual. I, myself, am a metrosexual, but not the kind you describe. I like to dress nicely, I like to look good, and I like to feel good.

Sometimes, in order for me to do that I have to shop for interesting clothes, I have to try different "products" in my hair, and I have to just do other things that at one point women did.

Women like to look good and feel good, and so do men. So the things that women do to feel and look good, men are going to do.

Men were the only ones who voted, and then women were able to. Now, if a woman votes is it weird? Of course not. The same goes with looking good and feeling good. It is no longer just for women.

-Lord Smert (LordSmert@Gmail.com)

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Carnonymous said...

Lord Smert, I happened to glance at your profile and saw this...

Lord Smert
Gender: female
Location: Dallas : Texas : United States

Now....next to gender I notice the word female. Is this a mistake, or are you admitting that all of your meterosexualism has turned your dong inside out?

-Carnonymous The Brilliant

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger CT said...

I'm with you on this topic... these guys are just not out of the closet yet!!!!

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think metrosexual can be hot, but now everyone is trying so hard with their overpomade hair, stupid button down stripe shirts, and generic diesel jeans. blagh

www.loopingoutside.modblog.com

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats wrong with a guy taking care of his appearance? Doesn't make him gay, or less of a man. He just takes pride in himself.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just stumbled across your site, and you are hilarious.

Not to mention right on the money.

Metrosexual guys weird me out. I dated one once for a brief period of time. This long before the term was used, btw. It didn't take me long to figure out that I wasn't interested in a guy who had more hair care products than I did.

Keep rockin' out the good work!

~s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home