Monday, April 04, 2005

Do Yourself A Favor, Catch Kung Fu Hustle

I normally don't write positive reviews of movies (let alone anything), but Kung Fu Hustle has earned the official Carnonymous Seal Of Excellence Award. I caught this flick at South By Southwest down in my hometown of Austin Texas.

What can I say about Kung Fu Hustle? How about brilliant, hilarious, action packed, original, thought provoking, genera busting, seat of your pants entertainment, all words normally reserved for myself and this website.

Imagine a movie that combines Jackie Chan style Kung Fu, Matrix Style fight scenes (except not totally gay), Looney Toons type slapstick moments, and a gang of Chinese guys in top hats and tuxes who wield axes and dance but its not out of place....well put all those together plus alot more excellence and you get Kung Fu Hustle.

For those that haven't seen it yet Kung Fu Hustle revolves around a group of toughs named The Axe Gang. The Axe Gang is the most dominant gang in their area and there is but one final place that isn't under their control. Fortunately this place is inhabited by some....very unusual people. I can't reall get much more into it for fear of ruining the movie.

So skip the 24 pack of Natty Light this weekend and go spend your $7 on a ticket for Kung Fu Hustle. You can thank me later.

PS. If you've seen the movie and want to write your own review, and thank me for my brilliant advice add a comment you schlongs.

2 Comments:

At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you haven't, catch Shaolin Soccer, Stephen Chow movie too, much better than Hustle IMHO..

I did write about Hustle back when it came out in December:

http://www.shaolintiger.com/?postid=69

 
At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kung Fu Hustle was a logical "next step" movie for Chow. Slightly more mature than Shaolin Soccer, it still featured the slapstic humor and cracks an Asian film genre or two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home